28 August 2010

Back to school

Well week 1 of a new school year is done... lets see 1st day had a kid on the bus with diarrhea(you guessed it I had to clean the bus)... Day 2 I forgot to stop for some kids... by day 3 we had everything dialed in and running smoothly... then on day 4 had a 5th grader that wanted to decided for their-self what bus they could ride... So now we wait until Monday and start all over a gain and I have decided to bring out the seating chart on Monday , the kids are going to Love me for this one.

Lets see Elisabeth started 7th grade this year where has the time gone? She will definitely get her exercise this year. Homeroom in up stairs then she goes down stairs for a class then back upstairs again then back down then back up. So if she doesn't come home tired I will know that she must have skipped school...LOL. If you asked her she would tell you that she hates school but I really think she likes it, and not only for the social aspect.

Evelyn is now in the 4th grade and raring to go. She has the same teacher that her sister had in 4th Mrs. Fulk (our favorite 4th grade teacher) This is the one that Evelyn wanted all summer she had talked about wanting Mrs.Fulk. She has complained a few times of not having any real work yet but I keep telling her JUST wait it's coming.

I am also working in the Lunchroom again this year as a monitor again not much has changed their except we are hoping to get another full-time monitor so I get to train a newbie and then we should be all set for the year.

We are hoping for a Fun and Learning filled year and it seems to be off to a good start.

5 comments:

rich and steph said...

cleaning up does not sound like a fun job - ewww!!

Mr. Witherspoon said...

I think the kid with diarrhea should've stayed home...and I'm sure you felt that way too. Hope that doesn't happen too often though!

Caoimh ☺ said...

Diarrhea? O-o Lovely...

Penny Auctions said...

Fantastic blog sharing!
I remembered my school life's after read your blog in which you shared interesting information.

Thanks
Penny Auction Script

Ann Best said...

Hi!! I'm so glad you came into my blog and signed on as a follower. Blogging is great fun, and I'll be following you. Jen and I don't seem to get to church much anymore--her health--so this IS a great way to keep in touch!!


You've designed a lovely blog. And I like hearing about your latest adventures. Never a dull moment when you're raising/working with children!!
Ann