05 December 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Oh I had the best Thanksgiving weekend this year. We Barker's all went down to OBX to visit my Dad. I made the dinner everything except for the turkey on my own, 1st time ever and I think it was great and by Saturday there where only mashed potatoes left, well I did make 10lbs of them. We spend time together on the beach getting our toes wet the water was cold but the times with family is what mattered, I also got my dad to drive us out of the beach in the jeep so that we could look for shells and stuff after a small nor'easter that blew through on Friday night. I found 4 nice pieces of sea glass this now brings my collection to about 12 pieces. We hated to say good bye on Sunday to return home but we were able to stop in Hampton at the Pro-Bass Shop, if you haven't ever been to one of these and you like the outdoors you should definitely stop in sometime. We also stopped in Richmond to visit with the In-laws it was a nice evening I think almost everyone stopped by and brought over their left overs from Thanksgiving diner to share. I think the best part of the weekend was spending it together with Family.

No comments: