17 March 2011

Spring, Green and Dad

If you have known me for very long you will know that I Love, LOVE, LOVE winter.  So with that being said, I'm glad that spring is in the air. Today in the one day when I love the fact that I have maybe 1 drop of Irish in me, and that I can let me red hair down. I wore a big green leprechaun hat to school today and you would not believe the kids I was asked are you a Leprechaun? Do you know any Leprechauns? Is there a Leprechaun in your hat? and Where's your pot of gold? but I loved every minute of it.

I also have noticed that with all the rain we have had that a lot of the ponds and streams around here are filling up. I drive past 11 ponds on my Bus route every day and the last year or so has been very depressing because all the pounds where very low or some where even dry. But as of this last rain I'm glad to say that they all look almost full and that the birds and wildlife are coming back to them with the warm weather. I like to watch the animals wake up and return to their homes when spring comes, that is my favorite part about it, I hate the fact that at the end of spring comes summer and the HOT.

A quick update on my Dad this is from an email that my sister sent me about 2 days ago... "The plastic surgeon yesterday and was given a "clean bill of health", he was impressed with how well the burns were doing, but upset the hospital didn't call him when dad was in the er.  He was on call that night.  they also didn't send dad home with instructions on how to care for the burns, so the dr is going to lodge a formal complaint.  He ordered new glasses today, and they should be in in a week.  He sounded upbeat until he mentioned meeting with the landlords and still having a big decision to make.  (He still is undecided on what to do)  But other then that he sounded good, said he went to the trailer on Monday and went through stuff for about 20 minutes before feeling really tired and sick."

If you can add him to your prayer I would be grateful and if you have already been praying for him Thank you and could you add that the Lord help him make the right decision for HIM! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kasandra: Jen will put your father in her prayer list, and we'll remember him in our nightly prayer. And she says happy green day in return. She's happy you remember how much she likes GREEN.

Yes, it's great spring is in the air. The heat will come, but I'm trying not to complain. I think about the Japanese people, and that helps me hold my tongue!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the passing of my brother. Yes, I don't know what I'd without my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. It's incredibly comforting.