05 May 2013

Importance of Living on our Firm Foundations

The Last 2 Sundays I've heard several talks, lessons, and testimonies on Building your Faith on a Firm Foundation. This has me thinking, I've seen many people that I know had a firm foundation, and still fell away. So I started thinking about actual foundations, like the ones that a building is built on. upon thinking of this I realized something. I thought about all the old houses that I pass driving around the ones that are old but lived in are doing fine, but the ones that no one lives in they are crumbling and falling down, and I bet if you went up to look the fountains are falling apart also. So this leads me to believe that building on a firm foundation is important, yes, but "Living" on that foundation is the Important part.

So back to my 1st thoughts on the lessons from Church, about Building on a firm foundation. Yes a Foundation is important but Living on the foundation, by going to church, reading your scriptures, etc. are what we need to continue to do. If we don't then the "building" weakens and eventually it falls. Just as in a real house if it's weakened the cold comes in. The same thing a happens to our Testimony if we don't continue to live in our "Building" the Cold (Satan) comes in and little by little he can turn our hearts and destroy our  Foundation.

I have decided that I'm not letting the cold in, I'm going to do all in my power to make sure the Satan can not get me or my daughters.


1 comment:

CMS said...

I read this and thought immediately of your blog. My thoughts are complex, but sometimes, what we think of as our strong foundation may not be. With the best of intent, sometimes we realize those foundations are insecure and we must reorient ourselves.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/05/the-floating-temple-how-to-lift-a-seven-million-pound-112-year-old-building/