01 December 2013

A Sunday in the Life of a Nursery Child.

So every 7 long sleeps (days), my mommy and daddy say to me it's time to go to church and learn about Jesus, this makes me so happy because I sometimes miss my friend Jesus, and sometimes I feel like I have completely forgotten who he is. So to be able to go to church and learn about him helps me to remember.
So after we sit in a meeting that at times is boring for a long time, but luckily they give us a snack but it's not much, just a small piece of bread and a tiny cup of water, Mommy and daddy tell me it's called the Sacrament and that it is to remind me of Jesus, so I just take this little snack and remember my Friend. Sometimes I have books to look at or a toy that is quiet to help me be still during this long long meeting.
My favorite part is after the closing prayer mommy or daddy take me to Nursery where I have lots of friends. sometimes I don't want mommy to go because even though I'm with my Friends I only see them on Sunday and I sometimes forget that we are friends so i get scared and need mommy to help me. There are also other big people there that seem to be friends with mommy and daddy. They kind of take mommy and daddy's place while they go to their class, which is boring, there was one Sunday when I just didn't feel safe going with my friends and mommy took me to her class, I hope that never happens again because that was BORING!
So we all meet together in the nursery room until most of our friends are there, then we head over to the big room that has riding toys, babies in a stroller and balls to play with. Brother and Sister Liskey they are two of the big people bring them in for us every Sunday. we play in here for a while , this play time reminds me of when I would play with my Friend Jesus, I could play in here forever but they say we have to do other things. When they start to sing the clean up song we all have to help bring all the riding toys together. Then we all go over to the nursery room again, and this time like something magical the table is all set up and ready for us to have our snack, which Sister Walker, a big person, usually provides, she likes to challenge us to try new things so besides having raisins,and graham crackers she sometimes brings us Beans, Cheese, apples and pumpkin bread there have been other things but I forget what they are. I try anything she bring because My friends are trying them sometimes it is good and sometimes they just don't taste very good, when this happens I just leave it sitting on my napkin and don't eat it. I always try to be polite since that is what Mommy and Daddy would want me to do. We do have a prayer before we eat, that Sister Liskey helps us to say.
While we are eating Sister Walker also tries to teach us a lesson, about our friend Jesus. Sometimes I think she must be forgetful because she will teach us the same lesson over and over again, but that's ok because sometimes my little brain doesn't remember everything the first time. After we finish eating we take our napkins and put them in the trash and push the table back where it's suppose to be. then we get out the toys from the big cabinet. Sometimes when we open the cabinet the toys are a mess and this makes the big people upset, but I don't care it just toys and we are going to make a big mess with the any way. we play with the toys for a while then again we start hearing the clean up song, you know what that means. Yep every one start putting the toys back in the cabinet, the big people try and put them away like mommy puts away the food after shopping, but I just like to throw them all in and close the door cause when the door is closed you can't tell that they are not in their right container.
So after this playtime we have singing time we have chair set up and most of the time are waiting for our singing person. I'm a little shy and don't always like to sing but our singing time big person is Sister Hurd and she has really fun things for us to sing with and a lot of them make noise. Let's see she has shaker eggs, bells on a ring, we have these wands that have ribbon on them that look like water, she also has this glove that she sticks ducks or monkeys on when we sing.there is also frogs on a stick, but my favorite is the wheels on the bus song.. She is so fun we all get to help and have fun, I've even learned some new songs, I don't know all the words but the ones that I do know I will sing them out really loud. When sister Hurd gets tired of singing, or maybe its cause its almost time to go home we take up the chairs and then the bubbles come out that is the best part. While we wait for our Mommy's and Daddy's to pick us up we get to chase bubbles around the room, I think it's so we don't think that mommy and daddy have forgotten us.
Two of the other Big people that help us are Sister Anna Liskey, she is like a really big kid, she likes to play ball with us and crawl around on the floor. There is also Sister Barker, I think she is shy because she doesn't do much but she always has her phone out and is taking pictures, although the last couple of weeks she is getting used to us. She is also working on our Bulletin Board, right now it has a tree on it with pumpkins growing on the tree, I think she might be a little slow because even I know that pumpkins grow on the ground. But she says that it is a work in progress so we will wait and see.
I really like nursery and I hope that my Mommy and Daddy will take me there every Sunday so that I can have fun with my friend and learn more about Jesus. I hope you have enjoyed spending time learning about what fun we have. I might send you another story if anything new happens, But until then. May Heavenly Father and Jesus bless you.
A Nursery Child

No comments: