02 July 2009

Moving a Mountain

I believe I have the worlds smallest washer and dryer, it is a stacking one, and it lives in a corner of my kitchen. On a good day, meaning not doing anything but washing clothes I can get a weeks worth of laundry done in 24 hrs. But if I don't stay on top of it it gets a way from me. I hate doing the laundry, and Jill before you sent me your "Nothing says I love you like clean underwear" story I've read it and I have tried that attitude, I still hate it. I will only do laundry once a week if I'm lucky. But yesterday after looking at this mountain of clothes that was growing daily in my living room floor I decided to take on the mountain I was either going to conquer or it was. I also decided to better my odds so I took all of it to the laundry mat. It filled the trunk of the car and 1/2 of the back seat. But I like the laundry mat and have decided if I ever get my dream home I'm going to have one in it. They have the largest washers I've ever seen there, I believe that i could fit inside one if I was so incline. With the mountain i had if I had done it at home I would have had at least 15-20 loads, see hubby and I are both not what you would call skinny or average built, in fact I call it FAT!!! so in our little washer at home only about 2 of his jeans and 2 of mine will fit in the washer at a time. But at the laundry mat I had 3 large loads Whites, Colors and Darks, then I had a small load of towels that I put in one of the smaller washers. To wash dry and fold only cost me less than $25 and about 2 hrs. that is the great part two hours later everything was done and I was on my way to a visiting teaching appointment. The mountain was tackled and my sanity saved, now if I can only get everyone to put there clothes away correctly. I really should rethink my doing it once a week maybe if I try twice a week I will not have to move a mountain next time just a mole hill.

Been There, Done That, and will be doing it until I die.

2 comments:

Mary said...

My laundry pile is called "Mt. Washmore." Which reminds me...... I need to do laundry too. :)

Funny post, by the way!!!! LOL

rich and steph said...

Mt Washmore here too. How funny that you quoted Jill!