30 June 2009

Cleaning again and again and again

Why is it that i can have my house clean but as soon as I turn my back it's a mess again? I think my girls love to be told to clean, even though they complain when I tell them to clean this up or that up. They don't seem to understand that if you leave a plate on the living room table it will stay there until some one (MOM) picks it up and takes it to the kitchen. They think that if they take off their clothes in the bathroom and leave them on the floor there they will get washed, it doesn't matter how long I leave them there they will not pick them up until I tell them too. Don't get me started on the nice clean room they had just 2 weeks ago or how they don't know how to clean the kitchen up. We live in a very, very , very small place, I would say less the 12oo sq.ft. If you don't keep up with the cleaning up then in a 24 hr period it looks like a storm has come through. I know some of my friend think that i have a spotless house because I am always saying that I'm cleaning this or that, but in truth my home is not that clean, but it's not for a lack of trying.

I remember my mother having to get on us to clean our rooms but I don't remember having to tell us over and over and over to clean up the living room kitchen etc. I was not the neat freak in the family and I'm still not one but I would like for my house to stay a little cleaner. With four sets of hands it should be a breeze, don't you think? Not here.

Been there, Done that, and I sound like a broken record.

1 comment:

rich and steph said...

sounds like life over here- clean one day and a wreck the next.