17 October 2009

He's not my little brother anymore...

Mr and Mrs. Benjamin Christopher Williams
Well technically he is. My Brother Ben is 16 almost 17yrs younger than me. I wasn't around much of his growing up but he was still loved by me. I had waited a long time for a brother, in fact when my sister was born and I found out it wasn't a brother I told my dad to send her back, I would wait for a brother.

I remember he turned 8 the year I was married and he turned 10 the year I had my 1st child. I remember he used to let her sit in his lap while he played video games. For the past 7 years he has had another girl in his life, and this past Saturday October 10, 2009 he made Mallory a permanent part of his life and our family.

The wedding was set in a little country church that Mallory had grown up in. The flowers where beautiful as well as the music, the bride,everything. One thing that touched us was when the mothers to light the family candles used for the unity candle the song played was "There is Beauty all Around When There's Love at Home." Ben had that played I'm sure.

The special part of the day for me was that my two girls where so happy to be included in this special day for their Uncle and new Aunt. Elisabeth was a lovely Jr. Bridesmaid and Evelyn was a beautiful flower girl.

We didn't have a lot of family from out of town but those that showed up I was glad to see. My Uncle Glenn (whom everyone thinks Ben acts like) and his sin BJ (he's 1 yr younger than Ben) Then my Mother's Aunt and Uncle from her Fathers side surprised us, and Helen and her daughter Lana from mother's mom's side also came. So it was a nice little reunion and as one of them said "better to get together for a wedding than a funeral."

The reception was lovely, dinner and fun had by all. I'm not sure if Mallory will ever forgive Ben for shoving cake up her nose. B.J. caught the guarder and then lost it and Christina caught the Bouquet and then was knocked to the ground and lost it. There was a lovely Sunset that night that topped the whole thing off. The only thing that could have made it better was if Dad could have been there, but we can't live by "what If's."

I'm just glad that Ben has finally tied the knot.

Been there, Done that, Time for Christina to do the same.

No comments: