17 October 2009

She's a beautiful young woman

Elisabeth is the one on the right
Saturday my daughter's where honored to be part of my baby brother's wedding. As I watched Elisabeth (almost 12) walk down the aisle as a Jr. Bridesmaid I was over come with emotion, I realized for the 1st time that she is not a little girl any more, she has grown into a beautiful young woman. How did that happen? It seems like yesterday she was a babe in my arms or just learning her ABC's, now she is a YW.

She is always telling me "mom don't Blink!" I think I have because she can't be 1/2 way grown. In the next 10 years she will have her 1st dance, date and kiss. She will graduate from high school, learn to drive and go to Prom. She will decided what it is she wants to do with her life and may even be married and have a child or two, I'm hoping this waits a while linger. But she will have so many things going on that I know these years will fly by. Anyone have any ideas on how not to blink?

Haven't Been there, Don't want it to happen, and I'm going to treasure all that I can.

No comments: