16 March 2009

Evelyn's Day

OK I know its Monday and her Birthday was on Friday but I have had a busy weekend, see post titled "Can I Scream now!!!" Also I can't take credit for the idea of this post, my friend Jill does a post for her children's birthday and tell the story of their birth.

Evelyn Lee Barker came into this world on March 13, 2001. I remember that we wanted to have another baby before Elisabeth got too old so they could grow up friends. The summer that I found out I was going to have another baby, my Great Grandmother (Mom's side) past away, my mother went to see her before she died and told her about the baby that I was carrying. Mom told mom-mom (Great Grandmother) that she wanted her to go and take care of her granddaughter before she was to come to earth. I was only about 2 months pregnant at the time but my mother told Mom-mom that it was a girl, we don't know why but I believe that my mother was inspired by Heavenly father to tell her that. After I heard this story I wanted to name this baby after Mom-mom, but I also knew that my sister shared a close relationship with Mom-mom and was hoping to name one of her children after her. I asked Christina if it would be OK and she said yes. So from then on I knew that I would have a Evelyn, the Lee part is also family, Pop-pop middle name was Lee and so was his son my grandfather and my mother's, but mom didn't like the name and never passed it on to any of her children but I have! I don't think that Lyston or I ever really talked about boys names I think I knew that I was having a girl all along.

Evelyn was due the end of February, she didn't come then unlike her sister whom was on time. So I thought wouldn't it be nice if she came on March 2nd, her Daddy's b-day. Again she wasn't ready so I thought ok let's give her 4 more days and have her come on March 6th, my sister's b-day, that day came and went, not baby. Ok the next B-day I thought of was my Grandfather's and I was not waiting until March 31. So when I went in on Friday, march 9th, we talk to the Dr about what we needed to do, after and ultrasound reveled that she was going to be a 10+lb baby if we left her to her own devises, we decided to induce. I could pick the day Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I choose Tuesday, March 13th, Why? I don't know!

Tuesday we head to the hospital, check in and the hook me up to the meds and give me the epidural after about 5-6 hours of going nowhere fast. My in-laws, Oma and Papa came to visit; they spend the afternoon there talking with Lyston, because I just wanted to sleep. They decided about 7:30p that they were going to head to our place for the night and we would call if anything happened. So my hubby walks his parents out and says "I'm going to stop at the Cafe to eat before I come back" (man was I hungry... Bring me something) "OK, I'm not going anywhere." After they left the nurse came in to check me, and when she did what a surprise she had, the head was right there ready to go. She starts calling for the midwife and other team members to come in and I said give me the phone I needed to call my mom (she had a class that night and didn't want to miss it, Oh well she did) "Hey! Where’s my husband" don't worry he will be back in time. It is now about 8pm and they say ok we are ready for you to push but wait my Hubby is not here, mom made it but Lyston who hadn't even left the hospital wasn't back. I'm not doing this without him, and then right at the last minute here he came. Ok now let’s push 3 pushes and out she came at about 8:15pm. Boy was I glad I didn't want to miss any sleep, she was beautiful from the start and I could not believe that she was 9lbs 15 oz. one more day and this baby would have been stuck.

And now when I tell her about how is didn't want to come out she looks up and tells me "the Jacuzzi was warm and I didn't want to get out."

1 comment:

rich and steph said...

How sweet! All my babies were early and under 7.3 lbs. My hubby ate in front of me when I was induced with the first(my water had broke and no contractions). I did not eat breakfast or anything and he did not come until 9:30 pm. To this day I can still remember the cheeseburger and fries he ate in front of me!!! That story will be told July 9th. Right now Camryn's and Dylan's are on my blog:). Next up is Colton April 2!