11 September 2009

If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

OK the car broke down again this past weekend, so I asked my brother Ben (he's a mechanic) to take it home for the week and see if he could fix it. Well the good news is that it broke down on him on the way home. So he left it on the side of the interstate, all the way off the road and in the grass. This was on Monday night about 9pm. He went back out the next morning to pick it up and take it to his shop. Here's the bad news, the car was not there! Yes you read that right the car was gone! So he had to get to work and was wondering who to call to find out where it was. When he went to lunch just about 1/4 of a mile from work he was looking out the window and saw my car sitting in a lot behind the restaurant. He walked over and found out that it was going to cost $200 if he got it that day if not they would tack on $35 a day. They would not take a credit card so he had to go to the bank and get cash. After getting the car we find out that the tags where missing by now my stress level was so up that my blood pressure was up too. The next day we find out that the State Police towed it because they said that it was not registered correctly, but it was I have the reg paper in the glove box and tags on the car. They pulled my tags and destroyed them, so hubby and the Trooper go to the DMV and explain what had happen so we didn't have to pay for new tags, but we where still out the $200. So I called the Sargent over the Trooper and told him that we wanted our money back. He tried to tell me that it was my fault for not having it registered right, but I found out that the DMV had sent out a memo to the State Police telling them that there was an error in the computer and some registrations had not be updated correctly. He called me back and told be the the towing company would work with me on a refund. So I called them and they said yes they would give us $70, I told them that was unexceptable. Then I call the State Police back and told them that someone between them and the DVM owed me money and I was getting it some how. I finially got a call about 20 minutes later from the Sgt. and he told me that he was a the towing company and they where going to give me the full refund but it was going to be a check. I tried to fight that since my Brother paid them in cash I felt he should get cask back but no deal so we had to take the check. After that I realised that I forgot to ask them where my screws where. When the Trooper took the tags off he did not put the screws back in the car so me are 4 srews short. But my mom says I shouldn't ask the trooper for 4 screws because I might not like what I get.

So I am just 4 screws short but not $200, and Ben is putting the new tags on with 6 point screws so the average "Joe" can't take my tags, that means hopefully the Police can't either. Can my live get any worse?

Been there, Done That, and the State Police are at fault.

2 comments:

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

I first want to say....I Love You! You are stronger than you think you are and you can get through all of these challenges in one piece. When you do, we will sit down together and laugh and trade crazy stories. Memories are being made, even if they are ones we don't ever want to remember. I will pray that the windows of heaven will pour out blessing upon you and your family. Keep smiling! Keep the Faith! Press forward and never yield to the adversary! Lots of hugs and love are coming your way!

rich and steph said...

Oh my!! That is a story and then some. It will get better and will not be one of those years:)