04 July 2010

End of Another School Year.

Well here it is the end of another school year Elisabeth made it through her 1st year of middle school and for the most part did pretty well. She made new friends, kept some old ones, passed all of her classes and learned to play the clarinet. She even remembered 2 different locker combination's but never brought me home any news about what was going on at school. She has become very independent which has it's up and downs.

Evelyn has also said goodbye to 3rd grade and to a Great Teacher Miss Charity Nussbaum again as her teacher this year, she was Evelyn's 1st grade teacher. Evelyn has learned that it's fun getting to spend extra time with mommy on the bus and at lunch and the having your mother be the bus driver on field-trips does not always mean mom can go with you on the tour, sometimes she has to stay with the bus.

What did I learn this year? Well I learned that driving the school buses is still my favorite job and I think I have some of the Coolest Kids at Peak View. I learned that I I don't have the memory of an Elephant anymore, time to start using a planner. I learned that helping out with volunteering at school is fun, but walking in the snow to do it is not, especially when the snow is past your knee's. I also learned that Boss's do care and appreciate what you do. I also learned that if you use trekking poles to get to and from school EVERYONE is going to ask you if you are going skiing even if there is no snow.

Been There, Done That, and Still Learning

No comments: