20 May 2009

2 for the price of Free

Well today was the big day for the root canal, I pray this morning that everything would go well and that I would somehow find a way to pay for the $875 bill, or what ever my Insurance company wouldn't pay. So I guess I should count my blessings. I go in early because Lyston had an appointment at Bio-life (Which I have not been able to do for a week now and have 1 more week before I can go back. another story). So get there and fill out the paper work, am called back and the tech asked all the questions about which tooth and all that stuff, took X-rays that where digital the picture came right up on the computer monitor, so cool! Then the Dr came in we started chatting and I know his boys they go to my school so we where talking about them then on to me. He again asked about which tooth and did a few test to make sure we where sure which tooth it was. So he numbs me up and lets me sit for a while, the tech comes back in and preps my mouth with a Rubber Dam and clamps the tooth. Dr comes back ask if I'm ready sure why not the right side of my mouth feels like it is sticking out about 10 ft and I can't feel my tongue or control it for that matter. So he begins, I'll spare you the details of what they do, but after he work for a while it was time for another X-ray to make sure they got it all. Instant picture on computer, look of "What the H*ll!!" on the Drs. face and the tech had a look like "Oops!"
The Dr tells me "guess your getting 2 root canals today"
Me, "WHAT????.... WHY?????"... well it didn't sound like that remember I have that damn rubber thing in my mouth.
Dr "we did the wrong tooth."
Me "2 for the price of one?"
Dr "Nope... 2 for price of FREE"
Me "COOL!!!... Lets go"

Well after about 1 hour an half in the chair I left with 2 root canals for Free. the Dr was very sorry that it happened but I probably would have had to have the other tooth done sooner or later. So I left carrying the right side of my face out to the car, I wasn't sure it was going to fit in the car with me. It still felt like it was sticking out about 15 ft from my face.

My biggest fear of the day was that I would be numb for 3 months, which is what happened with the last root canal I had done over 3 years ago. But as of right now I have no numbness in my face which is great other than my jaw being sore I think I survived.

Been There, Done That, and It was FREE

3 comments:

Mary said...

I hate the dentist too. (I think most people do!) I hope you heal fast....

I absoulutely LOVE the new look of your blog!!!!!

Mom of Esquared said...

Mary thanks, the Layout is call magical, It was Harry Potter inspired, I still have a few Widgets to add once I figure out how. It's so fun to work with Dial up can wait untill next weekend when we move to our neighbors foe 3 days they have cable.

About dentist I can't imagine what would posses someone to be come one!

rich and steph said...

You were definetly blessed by the Lord. I know it stinks, but you don't have to go back, both are fixed and it was free. Cha-ching! Great blessing - now just stay away from the sulfa drugs. Surprised you got that - usually a urinary tract infection antibiotic. From now on, add that as one of your allergies. My mom canno take it either -all her joints ache for weeks:(