18 May 2009

HATE Dentist

OK, so I have this problem with a tooth. I thought I could wait until school was out before I had to take care of it but NO!!! About 1 week ago I was in such pain that I knew it would be another root canal for me. Not something I'm looking forward to, especially since the last one I was numb for about 3 months after, Long story and not a fun memory. So last Wednesday I go in to see the Dentist,I would rather see the OB/GYN or have a baby in a public place than go to the dentist, I don't know why, But I HATE (Yes I Know Hate is a strong word But I have strong feelings on this.)Dentist. I have friends and people that I know from church and community that are dentist, I tell them "I like you as a person outside of your office but when you are sitting beside me with your hands in my mouth, heck for that matter when you are in your office I HATE you." they laugh and we get along great until I have a problem. That is why I have decided that I will not see a dentist that I know personally any more that way we done lose the good friendship, My OB/GYN is the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric, I don't have a problem with him in fact I love Dr. A. but when it comes to someone with their hands in my mouth I can't help but want to bite them.

OK enough about how I hate dentist, back to the tooth. I was given an Antibiotic and pain meds and told go see Dr ??? across town and then we will take care of the rest of your teeth later. So the soonest Dr ??? could get me in as 1 week that's OK I think I can life with it until then. WRONG!!!! the pain meds make me want to sleep, So I can't take them during the day, I still have to drive the School bus. 1st night took pill before bed and exactly 6 hours later I woke up in pain, can't take 2nd pill because I have to drive in 2 hrs. next night the same thing. Finally Friday night gets here good I can take all the pain meds I want, I do. Saturday was OK, by the way tooth hurts worse at night, then Saturday night I did the same thing as I did friday night but this time the pain meds didn't work for me other than make me feel like I was in a fog all day long. So Sunday I stayed home from Church. I was thinking am I going to make it to Wednesday or will I give up before that and do what the guy in the movie "Cast a Way" did and knock the tooth out. I couldn't eat, because when I swallowed I felt like I have a rock under my tongue, and I didn't help that my daughter kept making brownies for the family and they ate them right in front of them. But by late Sunday night I thought I think I feel better, I decided not to take pain meds before bed and Slept the whole night. When I woke up this morning I could swallow and feel great other than I can still feel the tooth on that side but I think now I will make until Wednesday then I should be all better after that.

Been There, Done That, I HATE Dentist.

OH, I over did it this morning with Breakfast and now I'm a little sore but I still think I'll live.

2 comments:

dubby said...

Ditto. I **** dentists as well. I have one tooth, two root canals on it and five crowns, and dang if it doesn't become infected every time I leave for Belgium or else often on Friday nights. I have tried to have it pulled, but they refuse to pull it unless I have a THIRD root canal and another crown -- on the SAME BLOOMING TOOTH! And since I am diabetic, my diabetes doctor tells me that tooth infections are extra dangerous since they slide into my heart and could give me a heart attack. GRRRRR! I am now in the process of looking for a new dentist.

rich and steph said...

You seriously would rather give birth in public?! I have never had a root canal so I cannot even imagine your pain. I did not get cavities until after the birth of my 2nd child.