22 November 2008

1 "S" please

I have a name that is not very common, my name is Kasandra, now I have seen it spelled many different ways but I like mine with a "K" and 1 "S". In my almost 40 years I have only met about a handful of other Kasandra's. None of them spelled their name the way I do. I have seen the following; Casandra, Cassandra, CaSandra, and so on. Some with K but that is very rare. At different times I have looked up my name to find it's meaning and have found that it has many. One of them is that the soothsayer that warned Julies Cesar not to go to the Senate on the Ides of March was named Kasandra. My Favorite meaning is this: Inflaming Men With Love, that is how I wish I was. Kasandra no matter how you spell it has its origins in Roman or Greek.

I have also notice that of the Kasandra's that I have met, I am the only one that doesn't go by a nickname. I have from time to time had a nickname but for the most part I don't. I like the sound of my name. the only time I will go by a nickname is if someone can't pronounce the name correctly, such as putting "r's" in the wrong place or saying it more like Kasaundra. When this happens my nickname of choose is KC, as a child I had a Kansas City Royals hat that I wore every where and some of the kids in my neighborhood would just call me KC.

The other day I met a 4th grader at school who's name is Cassie, I just had to ask her if she was really a Kasandra, she was but hers was spelled Cassandra (the most common spelling BTW). I asked her if she had met any others by that name and she said "Nope" well then I had to tell her that she had met her 1st and I was it. she is like my number 6th or 7th, I can't remember but I know it's not more than that.

I will add that I have blessed my oldest daughter with the name of Elisabeth, again with an "S" instead of a "Z". Poor child, Oh Well, Been there, Done that and trying to find a the T-shirt with the right spelling on it.

1 comment:

rich and steph said...

I have to apologize-I keep spelling your name wrong and I have known you for a loooong time:) Will keep better track of it you seducer of men you:)