08 November 2008

Great news from Baby Brother

Almost a month ago my baby brother, he's now 21, finally popped the question to the girl he has been dating since he was about 16, Mallory Newman. He did it right unlike his big sister, but that's another story for another time. He asked her father's permission, then went and got the ring she wanted without her knowing, then got chewed out by her because they never got to go ring shopping together before moving to North Carolina, after she had found the perfect ring in Harrisonburg. He took my Mother and my Sister with him when he bought the ring., so they where in on the whole thing.

Then the weekend he was planning to do ask her at the beach where my Dad lives, there was a hurricane off shore so he had to wait until they had another weekend off together to drive down there. He asked her at Sunrise on the Coquina Beach, a more beautiful spot he could not have found, she said yes.

I'm glad because my girls where already starting to think of her as an Aunt. She is the one that took care of him the most after he almost lost his toe last winter. She has been to visit Elisabeth in the Hospital and is at every family dinner/ party, now we have to invite her to the girls night outs that Mom, Christina and I have occasionally.

The date is set October 10,2009, and my girls have been asked to be Flower girls for the wedding. Evelyn was very excited jumping up and down saying yes, yes,yes. Elisabeth on the other hand said "that means a new dress, right!" So Mallory promised to take her shopping for a dress to wear.

Welcome to the Family Mallory, even though you have been with us for years.

3 comments:

rich and steph said...

Yahoo-now you have to post some pictures you blogger girl you:)

Mom of Esquared said...

I'm still trying to figure this out. I might for the time being just post pic on my Photo site and facebook.

rich and steph said...

When you are posting, there is a little screen at the top that is for pictures or video. Click on it and and scroll to the picture icon or it might automatically take you there. Then it lets you upload them from your computer. It took my awhile to get used to it too. I asked my one of the ladies in my ward how the heck to do the pictures and add comments too.