08 November 2008

Pre-teen Non-sleepover

I believe that I have lost my mind... No! I know I did... the day I told my soon to be (at the time) 11 yr daughter that she could have a sleepover B-day Party... WHAT WAS I THINKING...3 Friends Plus 1 Daughter equals...I'm not sure yet... OK we are only 1.5 hrs into it they have eaten a whole bag of marshmallows making SMORE'S in the fire pit ... now I have no Hot water as 4 girls decided that they smelled like smoke... I love a smoky Campfire smell... and they had to Shower... now I have water all over the bathroom floor... wet towels hanging anywhere they could find... 4 wet headed girls sitting in my living room watching movies... what will the rest of the night bring me... well I decided I would try to let them settle down and I went to bed... this was after dinner of pizza, chips, popcorn, Caffeine-Free Soda, and ice-cream sundaes... What was I thinking?... I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore... 1am woken up someone was not feeling well... OK call mom 1:30am sent 1 home... other 3 had not been to sleep... not watching movie either as I thought they would... they had more ice-cream and candy I don't know where that came from... OK I am starting to get upset... It is 1am time to go to bed!!!!... OK fast forward to morning, well later morning... 6:30am Elisabeth got up then 1 friend not long after... the other friend that was left slept until about 9am... OK all have now left but my house will never be the same... time to start the cleaning... or maybe I'll just wait for my hubby to do it.

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

Wait for the hubby girlfriend:) You are brave hosting a girl sleepover. At least with my boys they watch videos and all fall asleep on the couch when we have sleepovers. You must have been sooo tired the next morning as it does not look like you slept one little bit! You rock!! Can you tell I just came home from 3 kid free days as I am just full of positive attitude:) Need to get my blog up to date and get pictures of Mike's kids on here that I took last night.

Mom of Esquared said...

Just wait you have a girl now. she will want to have a sleepover sometime.