27 January 2009

New Theme

This song was sung at the girls school holiday concert. It has become the new school song I think every grade now sings it. It has also become my new theme song I wish I could find it for a ring tone on my phone. I would love to have the sheet music to it too.

"The weather man is saying that snow is on the way.
The sun is disappearing, the sky is turning gray.
I listened to the forecast, I hope it isn't wrong.
And that is why I sing this song.

There'll be no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow,
No school tomorrow if it snows.
There'll be no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow,
No school tomorrow if it snows!

I'm wishing and I'm hoping that snow will fall tonight.
I'm crossing all my fingers so very, very tight.
I hope we get a blizzard and snow the whole week long.
And that is why I sing this song.

There'lll be no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow,
No school tomorrow if it snows.
There'll be no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow,
No school tomorrow if it snows!

No school, no school,
No school if it snows.
No school, no school,
No school if it snows!

(spoken) And now as dawn is breaking, I jump up from my bed. And yes, I still remember what the weatherman has said.
I run straight to the window to see if he is right (rest for 4 beats)
Every thing is snowy white! (Hold the note)

There Is.
No school today,
No school today,
No school today because it snowed.

There is no school today,
No school today, No school,
Because it snowed!
Please snow some more!

Been there, Done that, and still a kid when it snows.

4 comments:

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

I sure hope that you finally get to enjoy some snow! What an awesome song! That is the best! I wonder if it would work for the weather here in GA! My kids would be outside singing it as loud as possible. Keep singing!

Mom of Esquared said...

we got a little bit of snow but I was to sick to go out in it. and now it is ice covered.

rich and steph said...

That was awesome! I hope you get more snow when you are feeling better and can enjoy it:)

Mom of Esquared said...

Me too! I want a 2 footer. just as long as I have milk and bread we will be fine.