07 January 2009

Rainbow Dreams

Wednesday was another in a long line of rainy days....sigh.... I was really hoping that the weatherman would be made a lair and we would get snow and not rain, but no such luck... So as I left this morning to start my bus what does Heavenly Father decided to do... laugh at me, by having a torrential down pour precisely at the same time I had to do the pre-trip inspection (out side the bus)... NOT FUN... then all day long we had the wonderful liquid sunshine ... as a best friend of mine call's it... I don't call it that... I usually like rain but not in the winter time when it's suppose to be snow... Well Heavenly Father decided this afternoon we still had not had enough of the stuff so we got more and more and more... I felt sorry for the kids that had to walk home in the rain but what could I do... but this time he was teasing us with some sunshine in between the clouds... After I dropped the last one off and Evelyn and I where headed home (Elisabeth rode another bus home) I came over a hill and as I crested it the most wonderful thing in the world was in front of me... A RAINBOW... this was not just your here it is rainbow that disappears in about 30 seconds... this one was hanging around for a long time... I was reflecting on the reason for rainbows, the covenant that Heavenly Father made to Noah after the flood... It made my day to see that rainbow at the end of a long and stressful day... I know I slept better that night... dreaming about rainbows.

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

What a great way to end the day:)

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

I was so happy to wake up this morning and read your blog! I have missed your thoughts greatly. Gotta love that liquid "Sunshine". Isn't it amazing that Heavenly Father will sometimes take us to our stretching point and it sometimes feels like we will break and then the relief we need comes in the most unusual way...For you...It was a Rainbow! Thanks for sharing1