23 February 2009

$11.00 Dress

For the last couple of days I have been trying to find a Baptism dress for my soon to be 8yr old. One of the problems is that when you do a search for baptism dresses, most of the places only have them in infant size, then if you go for 1st Communion dress they are way to frilly to put in the water. For those that are not LDS or know we baptize at the age of 8yrs or older. We also do the full body in the water, not just a sprinkle, and the clothing must be white.

I was cleaning out my purse the other day and found two Target gift cards totaling $20 and I thought it is getting close to Easter maybe they will have something we can use. What luck we had, when I 1st got there I thought great not much to pick from but then Evelyn found an all white eyelet jumper, then she was sad because there where not sleeves, I said wait a minute, lets see what we can do with this. They had these beautiful 1/2 sweaters that looked as if it was made for the dress, so to the dressing room we went, the 1st size XL was way to big, I could have put 3 of her in it. Her sister Elisabeth was nice enough to go find a smaller size, no Large but a Medium that fit perfect with a little growing room (she will be able to wear the dress all summer if she doesn't hit a growth spirt). I asked her if this is what she wanted, she has been looking at dresses over my shoulder and hadn't really liked any of the ones we had seen even if we could afford it. Yes!!! she loved it, I thought OK lets get it. Went to the register and handed the cashier my gift cards then she said you owe $11.00 and some change, how can I beat that price. So now she has the dress, the Place, the Date, and Wednesday night she has the interview with the Bishop (she is very nervous). Then the big day, anyone that wants to is welcome to come, Saturday, March 14th at 1pm at the LDS Harrisonburg Chapel.

Been there once, done that before, and this should be the last.

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

Wow! You cannot beat that and I can't wait to see pictures of her in it. She is going to look beautiful:)

Mom of Esquared said...

She looks beautiful in a paper sack, well both of my girls look Beautiful in paper sacks. I hope I remember to take pictures at Elisabeth I forgot my camera and my sister Hasn't sent me any of the ones she took, Oh well If I take them it will make up for have a lot of pictures of the 1st kids and very few of the second, I'm such a bad Mommy.