10 February 2009

It's the Flu!!!!

OK I said I was going to blog this so here we go... off to Neverland... Oh sorry I got carried away wrong story.

Here's the story, Daddy, and E-squared (that is both girls) went to Richmond on Friday, just a day trip for his Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. They made a stop at the Tredegar Iron Works, Civil War Visitor Center, they where outside most of the day which was a beautiful day. "Lil e" complained of a sore throat starting sometime during their visit, but Daddy didn't have anything to give her for it, (and didn't think about stopping by a pharmacy) they went on to visit with Oma and Papa (Daddy's mom and dad) and went out to dinner with them to celebrate this Great milestone. They returned home to me about 11:30pm, the 1st thing I notice is the Evelyn is not feeling good she can barely talk, I just figured that it was such a long day and she was tired, I did give her something for her sore throat. When she got up the next morning she was not feeling any better maybe even worse, with a low fever. My 1st thought was she has strep again (just got over it a month ago) and I made plans to take her to the doctors, they have Saturday walk in hours. She was Tested for Strep and Flu and both came back negative, Nurse Practitioner said it was probably just a virus and it will pass in a couple of days. Well the next 24+hrs she was not doing better, she started throwing up, then Temp went up as high as 104.5, that caused her to have to take a cold bath, well she thought it was ice water in the tub but I told her it was the same temp as a warm swimming pool in the summer, she didn't believe me but was a trooper and laid down in it. By Monday morning I decided I would call Doctor and see if this was normal for the virus, got call back 5 1/2 hours later and was told bring her in to recheck. Take her to doctors almost having to carry her as she hadn't eaten much for 24 hr and was very weak. They retested her for Strep and Flu, Strep was still negative, but the Flu test came back positive before it's time was even up. So the kind Doctor who knows my girls was kind enough to write two Rx one for each of the girls. Which was good because "Big E" decided she might have a fever and checked her Temp with the same Thermometer that I had been using with her Sister, she didn't replace the little plastic sleeve on it, Not smart, now I have both home, just glad the doctor was nice enough to send home script for both.

Been There, Done That, and need a Case of Lysol.

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

Aw man!! My kids have it too and I am so sorry for yours. Hope they get better soon and what a good dr to give 2 prescriptions! Let me know if the Lysol works as nothing has worked in this household to stop sharing the love of sickness so much!

Mom of Esquared said...

Lysol and Airing the house out have worked, So far. when we have a warm day I open up all the windows and let the house air out. I think that a lot of houses that are newer are so sir tight that we have more colds and sharing of them because the air does not circulate and and get refreshed. you might try it if you haven't it works for us.