06 February 2009

Walking & weight

As of about 2 weeks ago we are now a 1 car family. This has been a blessing in disguise. When I took the job as a bus driver I wanted to walk to the bus and back everyday. I only live about 1/4 of a mile from the school in fact I can see it from my bedroom window, and if the wind is blowing right I could probably throw a rock at it. From my front pouch I can hear the bells ring. But not long after the school year started I got lazy and was not walking as much as I could have, then as winter got colder I stopped all together, telling myself that starting in the spring I would do it again. But Heavenly Father who knows me best knew that I needed the extra help to get myself walking again. So 2 weeks ago my husbands car gave up its ghost, after 15yrs of great service it had had enough. We don't have the money to buy a new/used one and right now we don't really need to. I am thankful that I live close enough to walk to work. This means that in 1 days time I will have walked about 1 mile or more, which is great for my health. I don't walk to the bus in the morning yet, it is still to cold and hubby doesn't have to leave until after my run in the morning any way. but I walk up there for my Lunchroom monitor job then walk home then walk back up there for the afternoon bus run and walk home this make 4 times that I walk about 1/4 of a mile. when spring gets here and warms the mornings up I will add the morning to the rest of the walking. Now the reason for this post is because today I put on a pair of pants that I bought last summer that didn't fit they where way to tight, but today I can button them (if I hold my breath), they are a little tight around the waist but I can wear them and wear them I will. I have also noticed that I have not been doing the roller coaster, 5 pounds that I usually do ever week my weigh has stayed at a constant and maybe even a little less than normal, I hope that with the continued walking that I can have a all down hill roller coater ride with my weight.

Havent' been there yet, Haven't done that yet, but Working on it.

3 comments:

rich and steph said...

Cool! How are you going to get around this weekend when the family is gone?

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

Awesome! You can do it Girl! I am cheering you on......Lots of hugs for your efforts.

Mom of Esquared said...

The Family is only going to be gone for the day they will return sometime Late tonight, I'm not expecting them before 10pm. but might be closer to 11 or even midnight.