19 February 2009

"Mom of the Year"

OK it's another year and we are only two months into it and I have already blown my chance to receive the "Mom of the Year Award." In the past two nights I been told that I AM the meanest mom in the world and I don't love my children, it's not fair that I make them clean their own room, or make them wash the dishes even the ones that they didn't make dirty, and God forbid that I make them help fold the Laundry, Yes even the clothes that don't belong to them. I am also so unfair because I took away TV for the night, FOR THE NIGHT!!!, and they can't watch Survivor.

So here's my complaint, since I'm not going to eat all the food that I would normally cook for dinner I think I'll only make enough for me. Since I don't wear and dirty all the clothes that where brought down this week I'll only Wash, Dry and Fold my own, (BTW I don't make them wash or dry them just help fold and put away). Also since I paid for the TV, I will watch every show that I want to watch and they will have to deal! And the next time they are sick in the middle of the night and need mommy to sleep with them, hold their hair out of their face, clean-up the puke out of their bed or all the other things I do when they are sick. Next time I'm going to just roll over and go back to sleep.

I know none of the this will win me mom of the year or even get me nominated, but a little love and less whining would be great. I want my children to grow up and know how to take care of themselves so doing the dishes, even the ones that they didn't dirty, and helping mommy without having to be told to help or whining about having to help would mean more to me than having another thing to dust, i.e. award. I signed up to be a mommy for the good the bad and the ugly, so let the games begin.

Been there, Done that, Still doing it, and I don't want the Award!

3 comments:

rich and steph said...

Hahaha:) I am loving this and laughing because we are sharing the same life!!!! Don't the little buggers know that we are doing this for their own good (did I just sound like MY mom here?!). You will win the mom of the year award because you will have self sufficient young adults and woman. I sure complained when I had to do things but I actually thanked my mom when I was on my own. One of my good friends did not even know how to turn on the washing machine - hello!!! So I am giving you the Mom of the Year Award:)

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

Love it! It's a mommy revolution! You go girl. Make sure you do a follow up on how things went!

dubby said...

Welcome to the Mean Mommy Club.