10 February 2009

No False Alarm.

OK, Yesterday afternoon I had to drive the bus, but I also need to get home by 4:15 so I could get Evelyn to the Doctors office to find out what was the matter with her and then needed to go pick up Lyston from work. I thought it's Monday and I don't have to take one of the kids to grandma's and I should have plenty of time. Little did I know that I should never make plans when kids are involved. I had left the school and was just past my 1st stop when everybody started hollering about something, I couldn't even hear what they where saying. I finally got the bus quite and found out that at little Pre-K-er had gotten sick, OK I'll pull over and see how bad it is, last time I was told someone got sick it was a false alarm, Not this time. She had covered her self and her sister's coat. the best I could do was put the coats in a plastic trash bag and throw some Throw-up powder on it. I did this and continued on my run. I got back to the school about 4:20 and ran to get Evelyn to the Doctor on time, just made it. Doctor said Flu and gave us to Rx for both girls since he figured that Elisabeth would get it too, Good thing he did, read other story. I took Evelyn home had to got get the scripts filled, 1st pharmacy I went to was out of the medicine, DARN!!! 2nd Pharmacy (Wal-mart) was not going to fill any more prescriptions until the morning, WHAT!!!! that is crazy, I need this tonight!!!. 3rd place (CVS) didn't have any but was happy to call there other store and see if they did, sure enough they had some and would be Happy to save it for me. YES!!!! 3rd times the charm, but by now I'm going to be late picking up the hubby, I take care of the Rx and while they are filling it I go get the hubs. We go back to pick it up luckily they have a drive thru because I was getting tired of running in to all these stores. I also had to stop by the grocery store to pick up some more drinks and dinner. I get home and all I want to do is go to bed, but I can't my bus is sitting up at the school with a "pile of sick" waiting for me to come clean. It is now about 7:15 pm the sun has set and the bus doesn't have the best lights in it, on top of that the "sick" is between 2 seats and by now has dried to the floor I had to scrape it up with a scoop like a credit card. Then disinfect the whole area, Luckily my friends the Janitors at the school where still there and I got some cleaner from them, but I'm not sure they are still my friends or not because they didn't want to come help me clean the bus. Finally about 8pm I got home and had to scrub my hands until they where almost raw, I had gloves on but you never know, and I never feel clean until I know I have taken the top layer of skin off. I was unset again as I realized that the Pizza I had bought for me and the Hubby to share was ALL GONE!!!! Oh well what did I except. It was bedtime and I was tired.

Been there, Done that, but I DO NOT ever want to do it again, YUCK!!!!

3 comments:

rich and steph said...

Not a fun time!! It will get better and somebody owes you some pizza;)

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

I wish I could be close enough to lend you a helping hand! I will say extra prayers for Super Mommy powers to come your way. I am doing the happy dance that you made it through such a trying day. You are an Amazingly Strong Woman! The sun is really shining above those clouds! May it shine on you in great abundance for all of your efforts....Lots of Love!

Mom of Esquared said...

Jill you are too much, you need to keep the super mommy powers for yourself, I'm not the strong as the next day a had a melt down and took it out on my hubby, that's the story I didn't tell. Thanks for the encouragement.