23 June 2009

E-Squared


Some of you have notices that I have 2 daughters. They are the most precious and special people in my life. Sometimes I wonder how did i get to have these two special spirits in my life. I made the mistake, if you want to call it that of naming them both with 1st names that start with "E".


Elisabeth Victoria is the oldest she is named after her great Grandmother and Great Great Grandmother on her Father's Mother (German) side. Elisabeth is the German spelling of the name, she will always be plagued with the problems of people misspelling her name, just as I am.but the name also had meaning to my mother as a child she always names her baby dolls Mary Ann Elizabeth Victoria, and told her mother that she was going to name her 1st daughter that. but when I came along she decided that name was too much for such a like baby like me. So my parents decided on something different instead. Well I grew up hearing this story and secretly thought I would name my 1st daughter that name. when I told my husband he didn't care for the Mary Ann part but he liked the Elizabeth part if I would spell it with the German "S" for the "Z", the way his Oma spelled hers. Then his mother told me that her Oma had been named Victoria. So that is where her name came from.

Evelyn Lee, I knew pretty much from the beginning that she was a girls, i don't know how I but I just knew. When I told my mom I was pregnant she was getting ready to go visit her Grandmother "Mom Mom." Mom Mom was in her 90's and had lived a long life. Well mom went to visit Mom Mom,she was sick and not going to make it. So mom told her that I was going to have another baby and the she wanted Mom Mom to go and take care of that special spirit before it care to earth. My mom told her that it was going to be a girls (We didn't even know yet, I was only about 2-3 months on)Mom said she didn't know why she told her that but that she must have been inspired. Mom Mom passed on soon after, when mom came home and told me this story I told mom that I known it was a girl. I also felt very impressed that I needed to name this baby Evelyn, after Mom Mom. I asked my sister if it was OK since she and Mom Mom where close, she Ok'd it after thinking about it for a while. Evelyn's Middle name came from Mom Mom's husband, Pop Pop. It was his middle name. They had given it to their son my grandfather, then he gave it to his daughter my mother. My Mother didn't like the name so she didn't pass it on to her children. I decided that since my husband is a Southern Confederate that he would like to use one of the names of is hero's for our children. So that is how Evelyn Lee was name.

Now several years ago Evelyn and I would go to story time at Barnes and Noble, we became good friends with "Miss Annie' Hololobo the story time lady. One day she sent me and email and said to give her love to E-squared, and that began the nickname for both of the girls. They have had others some are E1 & E2, big E & Lil e or even just E & e. but we love E-Squared as much as we love Miss Annie, so they will forever be E-Squared.




1 comment:

rich and steph said...

How sweet! I love where their names came from - awesome <3