26 June 2009

Long Lost Feelings Found at Last

First I would like to say that my blogging is more for me that for anyone else, but if I help someone else along the way then that is great. I was cleaning some stuff up in my room yesterday and found this talk/ Testimony that I gave in RS sometime ago (2003 think). I think it had been hidden away for a time when I needed to be reminded of the feelings and Faith I had and need to regain. What is in Red is added thoughts I had when I read this yesterday for the first time since giving it.

Sister Bland (Vickie Bland RS Teacher, she is till teaching and is great) asked me today to talk about how I prepared for a temple marriage. For me it started years before I met my Husband Lyston. My Parents joined the church when I was 5 yrs old, then they where sealed about 1 yr later. I remember that day how wonderful it felt to know that I would be sealed to my Parents forever. As I was growing up I decided that I also wanted my children to be sealed to me and my Eternal Companion. So I set a goal as a Young Woman (YW Program of the Church) that I would be married in the temple. (I remember that as i was being interviewed for my YW medallion, by Sister Kelly and Pargas they asked if I had completed all of my goal and I told them no, because I had not completed this one.) As a single adult I filled my home with pictures of the temple and quotes about temple marriage. At the age of 24 I decided I could not stay out of the temple any longer. I was not yet ready to get married but my next step was to go on my own. The lord works differently for different people. About 1 month after I went on my own the Lord blessed me with my E.C. As we prepared to get married I told my soon to be husband that I would only be married in the temple. We prayed together and made sure we where worthy to go and then we went to the temple together and prayed for guidance that we where doing the right thing, in the Celestrial room we both knew this was right and this August will be 8 wonderful years. (Actually this August will be 14 wonderful years)

As I said above I blog more for me than for anyone else and I needed this yesterday, not that things are bad but I have had a bad couple of years and needed to know that I was still doing what the Lord wants me to do. My normal ending quote doesn't fit in this context so I will just end with. Enduring to the End and Returning with Honor.