23 June 2009

Last Day of School



I Never thought as an adult I would look forward to the last day of school with the same anticipation that the kids do, but I do. I may even have even more excitement for it.

You see I work for the school system. I am a full-time (10 month) school Bus driver and I am also a lunchroom monitor both of these jobs are fun and stressful at the same time. I had a blast in the lunchroom today. I tried telling the classes that they had 1 more day to go, that Mrs. Williams our Principal had made a mistake, but nobody believed me, which I'm glad I didn't want to get up tomorrow and drive.

then on the way home on the bus I asked my kids to raise their hands if they hated me the 1st week I was their driver, I would say that about 90% out of 60 kids raised their hands. Then I asked how many still hated me, I only had about 5 hands this time. I then told these kids that they where not getting a treat when they got off like the rest of them did. you should have heard them start with "I have never hated you Mrs. B", "Your the best driver I've ever had" and Your the Best." I have a soft heart I gave in and let them have a treat which was "dum dums" I wanted to give them Smarties but couldn't find any. I got a few hugs on the way off and everyone got a treat. I will miss them but not much, I will have all but 12 of them next year.

Been There, Done That, and Signed up to do it again.

No comments: