02 December 2008

Friends

This is for all my friends Past and New, But it is also for one special friend. I know she doesn't remember but she had a profound influence on a young woman's life, even when she was young herself. In fact she is the one that gave me this Poem (I collect poems) on a magnet that has hung on my refrigerator ever since, the background picture has become faded through the years, now going on over 20, but the words are a clear as ever. I truly believe that all of my friends where there with me before the world began.

What made us Friends in the long ago
when first we met?
Well, I think I know;
The best in me and the best in you
hailed each other Because they knew
that always and always
since life began our being friends
was part of God's plan.

George Webster Douglas

To All My Friends

6 comments:

rich and steph said...

Beautiful:) You collect poems and I collect Christmas ornaments. I still have the one you made for me 20 years ago because it reminds me of a sweet young woman named Kasandra who had a love for life and was not afraid to show it. You were not afraid to share your opinion and you could make me laugh when at times I thought I could not. And here we are, reconnected today thru blogs and facebook. We may not live close but can remain close:) Now you can see how truly goofy I am!!

Mom of Esquared said...

Stephanie I have alway known how goofy you are, but I thought it was just because you where a teenager, so now I find out that you are still goofy;0) I love ya anyway.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and of course I love ya! Friendship is a magical thing. Especially when it survives time and distance! Thanks for the magical moments when we continue to pop in and out of each others lives!

rich and steph said...

My goofyiness has never changed just intensified with each pregnancy;)

rich and steph said...

post again sweet fiend:)

Mom of Esquared said...

I will just have been very, very busy. Hopefully today or tomorrow.