20 December 2008

Not a Vacation

Why is it that when you are looking forward to something, something always gets in the way. Like all week long I could not wait until Friday evening so I could start my 2 week vacation by spending the evening watching a movie with my girls. Well I got the movie "Horton Hears a Who" but I also got a Headache that turned into cold chills (no fever just felt like I was freezing to death)then turned into an upset stomach, which in turn turned into a miserable night for me. I slept on the couch hugging a bucket, I never used it, all though I think if I had I would have felt better. Then this morning the headache came back with a vengeance, I spent most of the morning sleeping on the couch again with an ice pack on my head. My wonderful hubby, who is also not feeling well (Head-cold for him) did go to our neighborhood 7-11 and got me a Big (imagine 50 gallon drum) cold coke, we have found out if you take your own cup in you can get "refills" for 89 cents. This finally settled the stomach and helped the head. So I was able to get up and work on cleaning my kitchen.


Now this evening it's starting all over again, BUT! this time it's my youngest Evelyn's turn. Good thing I have already been through it so I know what will help her. She is now in bed with a movie, ice pack, Pepito bismuth in the belly and some Tylenol for the headache, hugging the bucket just in case.


Been There, Done That, and Have the T-shirt.

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

We are sick again too!! We have to quit sharing germs in cyberspace!

Mom of Esquared said...

Luckily ours only lasted about 12 hrs. Evelyn was better today but decided to stay home with dad, as he has a head cold but we make him stay in his room and not share. I also buy Zicam in bulk to use at the 1st sign of a cold and that seems to help the girls but not my hubby.